Saturday 24 November 2012

Its time to sit and write

Last night the girls and I went of to the Xmas in the park in Christchurch, it was an awesome night and we had a ball, though I still am not sure whether the girls behaved entirely like young ladies, as we had some issues with noisy boys who were after and finally got my girls attention. Let me say I am about to have a stern talk to the girls about their language, but equally it was just bad luck that we were seated near some boys who had a overdose of testosterone.

But the night was fun once we moved and escaped the attention of said idiots. Following that we went off and made piggies of ourselves at Kentucky fried chicken, let me say its years since we have indulged and it was nice but oh it could be just too nice so we wont rush back there.
We stayed the night with Sandy and came out here this morning.

Jas and Kyle are up at the lodge with Speedi and Mal, they are spending the weekend up there installing some large fuel tanks, next week they will have a large Generator lifted in, its a monster of a thing on a type of sledge and is currently sitting on our front lawn right outside my kitchen window of all places. I mean we have the whole farm for machinery to sit in and they place that monstrosity right where it blocks the view and I get to look at it all day. grrrrrr

Paula's house christening party was a ball last Saturday night, we kept it going on Sunday with BBQ.

The week has been a hard one as we have been working on stock from early morning to late at night, I have to say trying to haul large ewes around all day for several days can be very hard and tiring but as I was often reminded it all comes as part and parcel of being able to have parties,BBQ's and nice things, ahh welll sigghh message taken.

I had a really frightening experience during the week when I was coming home from Rangiora, it was late at night and a large truck had just passed me going the other way when the ute was hit by something really hard. I almost lost control of the car and when I finally stopped and had a look I had a gash right through the door panel.
As Jason said it looks like a bullet hole, but we showed it to the local police and they said it was probably something that fell of the truck and bounced up and hit the car. Unfortunately because it was dark and I had trouble controlling the car the truck was gone before I could see who it belonged too. But it was a close shave, another 8 inches higher and it would have gone clear through my drivers window.
Lesson be wary of trucks.
Well today is clean up and also having a girl talk with the princesses, I think country schools and country life is nice, but it does not do a lot for the language I heard last night; so it is growl time again.

Anyway I best go and do some work, take care and love to you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment