Wednesday 26 December 2012

I survived Mayan Armageddon and xmas

Where is my T shirt, with "I survived xmas"?

Xmas day was awesome, it all went of extremely well and all the friends piched in to help with the food so I didnt have to exhaust myself running around.
The Girls had a lot of friends to play with and the adults played very well as well, especially those bullies who threw me into the river, don't you worry Mal and Speedi, I have taken names.

Xmas lunch went well and as usual we had to much food, in the afternoon we ended up with over 30 people here on the farm, we spent most of the afternoon down on the river.
We didnt get to see Bear on Xmas day after all, as Linda's father was rushed to hospital early Xmas morning so he stayed up there to keep her company, but we caught up on Boxing Day and had another xmas lunch.

There were so many wonderful presents and I dont intend to list them all but I do want to thank Speedi and Mal for giving us all a radio set each so we can now keep in contact, they brought Jason and I a base radio station as well as portable thingys, it is wonderful and we spent most of Boxing day talking to people all over the world as well as Paula down the road.
They even brought Sandy a radio set so we can keep track off her in emergancies, Bear got one too, but I am picking he will never turn it on because he hates people  keeping tabs on him; phooey.
Thank you everyone, without a doubt this was the best xmas ever, in the history of the world; well ok my in world anyway.

We are off for a few days down at Lake Tekapo and then to Queenstown, we will be home in a week as we do sadly have to work, in fact I had to moan and growl just to get Jason away for a weeks break. Of course I can still talk to my buddies on the radios, as we have portables as well as a Base station, so Paula keep your ears on Big Buddy!
Wow with laptops Ipads and radios, its like we will never be out of touch with anyone.
Bear we will catch up with you some more when we get home, love from the girls who were growly because you didnt sleep over.

Love to you all
Have a happy and safe new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment