Monday 24 December 2012

Xmas Eve

Well we have had a most beautiful evening here with Paula and Speedi, Mal and his new friend Carrie,  Bear with his two women Linda and Sandy (though I hear Sandy has a new Gardner friend, its ok sandy I wont say a word). We sat around the BBQ and fire (yes it cooled down later and is now drizzling) and sang Xmas carols and told absolutely terrible jokes.

The food is all prepared for tomorrow, just need to be up early and start the cooking, its not a big chore for tomorrow because I started preparing early so most of the food is ready for cooking. It helps to have lots of freezer and fridge space.

We talked about the year tonight the high points and the low points, and I cannot let Xmas eve go without sending my love and prayers to Pop, this is our first Xmas without you and we all miss you so terribly much.
This year has been massive for me, I have got married, miscarried a baby and lost my Pop, but the negative aside I feel that I have grown so much this year and I have so much to be grateful for.
I have a most loving and generous husband (well he had better be generous tomorrow). I love Jason with all my heart, he has shown me what it is to be loved and he has been the best husband a woman could pray for. He has been the best father to the two imps and we both hope we can have some more babies of our own. My two girls have grown into young ladies, perhaps with a cowgirl roughness but they are so happy here. The girls cried a little tonight when they talked about grandpop, but that was to be expected as we all miss him hugely. They make me so proud, its been a traumatic year for them, but with the resilience of youth they have ridden over the rocky waves, yet their mother seemed to plough through them.

I have the most wonderful friends, a very preggy Paula who is and always will be my bestest friend, her partner Speedi, by name and nature he is such a handful. Mal is well, he is my own sweetie, I love him so much for being the big gentle giant.
Sandy you are incredible woman, a heap of health issues but they never knock you down and you really do care for everyone. I am really looking forward to meeting your new friend tomorrow, I hope to see you before lunch.
Bear is my rock, there is nothing I cant talk to him about. I hope Bear I haven't placed to much of Pops energy on you but both the girls and I love you for the man you are, but also the grand Pop that we need.
I know you had a terrible year and splitting up from your partner and children really threw you, I didn't help and for that I am so sorry.
There has been much that happened between bear and I this year that I could not write about, but through each bad blow that happened Bear has stood beside me and my family, I am so grateful for a true friend. I am glad you seem to be shaking off the bad health issues and I know Linda cares you very much, but Bear you need to be more attentive to her, do you hear me !!!!!
If I have one criticism of Bear he is too hard on the women who care for him.
Bear I know you have considered this year as a year of change for you, and in that you sure have been right.
Next year will be better I am sure.

Well everyone has gone for now, we will catch up with them all tomorrow at various times, I have a dozen coming for breakfast and have 17 for dinner, sadly Bear wont be here for lunch as he is going to Linda's family to be with them, we will catch up with him for a xmas dinner.

Thank you all my friends for being the wonderful collection of nuts you are, and also thank you  to the readers of the blog for sticking with me.

A very merry xmas to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment