Wednesday 12 December 2012

Life is hard at the Moment

Oh my giddy aunt I am exhausted.

We have spent the last 4 days cutting and stacking hay, thousands of blimmin bales and still counting. Tomorrow we are drafting a couple of hundred sheep so its been a very busy week here. I have been feeding between 10-15 hard working guys and gals that have been either out in the fields or helping with shearing and cleaning sheep.

I have to say we had some fun while working, but it has occurred to me today that I am not fit, I thought I was, really I did; but I caved today.
As for my hands, well let me say I wont be going to have my nails done again, ever.

On the weekend Jas, the girls and I along with Mal and his henchmen spent two nights up at the lodge, I have to say it was blury nice but I am not sure I would live there, though Bear loves it. he even has his own log cabin up there now. The rest of us sleep in container houses, shipping containers that have been converted into sleeping quarters. I think the thing that really struck me was the peace and quiet, it was almost deafening. The other thing we did that was different the boys have set up a large radio base thingy there and we were talking too people from all over the world, even guys in Iraq.

The other thing that struck me was the futility of keeping a garden there with so many rabbits about, so the boys are going to organise a week of spotlight shooting.

Bear is doing better, he had another scan and what they told him was gall stones is not, in fact they don't know and he has another scan organised after xmas, I believe this is not the first time that they have seen something in a scan or xray and then gone back only to find its gone. The old codger has the most odd system. He is much improved in himself I think, he is smiling and laughing again. We lost him yesterday as he was off to fight a war with some buddies, so I wont see him till the weekend I expect.

The girls have subconsciously adopted Bear as granddad and we noticed on the weekend they were calling him Pops, which is nice and I think he might be chuffed as well.

Well this Saturday we are all invading town, Sandra and her neighbour are putting on a Xmas party for the kids, so we have a bunch of people and their families heading in to join in.  Mal is going to be father Xmas  as he says "Well of course Daddy Xmas was black, we all knew that didn't we"; ummmm yeah right daddy O."
The funniest thing was trying to find a suit to fit him, but fortunately Paula being a wizz on the sewing machine has made one and its awesome, though the black army boots are a give away, please get a pair of gummies.

Well thats all from the mad house, I best go start getting food ready for dinner.

Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment