Monday 8 October 2012

Trying to get back in the Groove

Good Morning to you all
Its been a very low start to the week but I am finally doing things constructively rather than dragging my bottom around the house.
On Sunday we took the girls away for a few hours and dear Kurt and Michele came over and packed up the baby things and moved them out for us. I had got to the point I could not even go into the baby room without breaking down into a mess, so as much as I have not wanted the things taken away I realised it had to be done.
We have had a quiet weekend as I mentioned we went for a drive, spent a few hours with Gran and then visited Speedi and Paula. Their place is doing very well and looks lovely now.
Yesterday I went over to the gardens and spent a few hours in and out of the rain helping out there that made feel really good. The place looks a picture now, but Kurt is still having council issues so not much being done other than gardening.
Bear hasn’t been around a lot, in fact I have only seen him once since we came back from our honeymoon and that was when I was in hospital. He has changed a lot from what I hear., he was certainly odd when he came and saw me.  He sold his farm but by the time he paid mortgages etc he didn’t come out with much and what he has went into a part share in the lodge. Speedi says he has spent a lot of time there working on the Cabins.
Sandy says he is in and out of her place, uses it as a gaming place with his mates but she says he doesn’t stay over much anymore. Which means he is probably staying up at the lodge if Speedi is correct?
Mal wrote to say he is coming back to live here in about 2 weeks, he is moving in with Speedi and Paula for a while until he gets things organised. He has sent a huge container of survival stuff to Speedi, I don’t know what Survival stuff amounts too but there must be a lot of it going by the size of the container. I think the idea is to keep some and sell the rest.
From what Speedi tells me the Lodge is doing very well, they have 4 containers locked together as a building; it can sleep 4 people with its own kitchen, showers and store room. They have built 2 log Cabins and are working on another two, Bear has been up there with a chain saw felling trees for the logs, Kurt has helped there for a day he says its great but not for him. I gather he isn’t much of a survivalist and I think I am there with him, perhaps I like my comforts too much and tend to live for the now and not the “what if”. The “what ifs” scare me too much, especially when I think about my little girls, yes I know it is what bear calls the Ostrich syndrome, but then he has only himself to think off.
I think the biggest issue is it takes so long to get there and it is very rough going, I found when I was pregnant I had to stop going because the constant rocking, rolling and bumping was just too much.
The farm is back in shape, the lambing went well as did the calves, it is so nice to see the place starting to get that spring/summery look.
I guess now we have to start thinking about Xmas and what we are going to do, obviously it is going to be a lot different than we thought but we will be having a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment