Wednesday 19 September 2012

Getting Married

This is my last post for a few days as the wedding arrangements are keeping me really busy.
We are getting married on Saturday at 2:30 here  on the farm, it is a reasonably casual wedding with fun being the theme for the day.
We have a huge marquee up and the shearing sheds have been cleaned and decorated in case of bad weather and for further night entertainment if the evening is too cold. We have bouncy castle for the little ones (around 12 of them will be here), we have music all day with 2 bands playing, one in the afternoon and and 1 in the evening. A big screen for the kiddies to watch movies at night. We have a caterer doing the wedding meals as well as Michele and Karl running the hungi on Sunday.

My wedding dress is a light pale blue and our girls have matching dresses, they will be my bridesmaids, they look so cute all dressed up. Kyle is best man and Bear is giving me away (for free he claims). I am so stoked that Mal is coming, its a long way for him (from the States) to come just for a wedding an I am so appreciative of that, luv you big guy.

We have around 150 people coming and I am so happy that the day is fast approaching. Jason has been brilliant, the nerves of last week have gone and he really has entered the spirit, I think the stag party on Tuesday night may have helped settle him down. I don't think getting him drunk and leaving him abandoned on an island in the middle of the river was a startling idea, I got into a real panic when he didn't come home and the bloody drunken men wouldn't tell me where he was, fortunately he didn't try to swim, actually he was still asleep when some boatie came by in the morning and picked him up. But boy will I be having a serious word with those guys, yes you know who you are Speedi. What I cant figure out and nobody will tell me is how on earth they got him out there, no one we know has a boat.

Sandy and Gran are coming out to stay for a few nights to help me organise the final details as well as help with final food stuff.

We are only having a few days away for a honeymoon in a secret destination well away from troublemaking Mr Speedi. I know he has been sniffing around trying to find out where we are going. We have decided we will have another holiday later in the summer, but there is too much to do on the farm to be away for any longer.

Bear will be coming out to look after the place and the girls while we are away.

No comments:

Post a Comment