Wednesday 12 September 2012

Thursday here already

Yesterday Jas, Speedi, Paula and I went up to the new area Speedi has gone partners in with Mal and Bear.
Mal and Speedi are financing it though Bear isnt putting money in but he is putting farm stock and work into it.

I really didnt know what to expect as the boys have been very secretive about it, but its in a lovely area of the hills behind Oxford, it is very secluded and very hard to find. They have purchased 10 acres in there and so far they have accumulated a lot of "stuff" including 2 huge shipping containers which will be built partly into the hill side as accomadation, they intend to have another 4 containers there by November, Speedi is doing all the alterations to them and they will include bunks, toilets ands showers. Mal is providing the major part of the finance and Bear is doing the legal work such as permits etc.
Bear has moved all his farm stock up there, obviously less the Alpacas, so they have around 40 sheep, 4 cows and 2 horses. I am not sure why the farm animals are up there, but I guess if Bear is to sell his farm they need to go somewhere.
Speedi showed me around and indeed they have quite a lot of plans for the place, they even have solar panels up there, obviously not in yet. I gather the idea this is a retreat for such a time as they need to "bug out" in an emergency, but its also a great hunting area so it is quite recreational for the boys as well. I would love to live there but it is so isolated, but I guess thats the idea. It looks more like a army camp with camoflage netting up everywhere, Speedi says thats just to keep it hidden from nosey hikers etc.

I have been to the hospital for my check up and baby and everything is doing well, not long to go now and Jas is very excited now. We need to get the Wedding over then we get excited abot the baby. Jas's Gran arrived yesterday with another heap of newly knitted baby wear, I am so lucky. We are off to her place for dinner tonight so I am really looking forward to it.

We lost 3 lambs overnight but they rest are doing fine, we have let them all out into what the girls call the "baby wing", a small paddock close to the shearing sheds where they can be moved in case of bad weather.

I wandered over to the gardens just before, Karl sure has that place humming, it is quite beautiful and a credit to those guys, a lot of hard work and money has gone into it, I just cant wait for the opening.

Well I best go, I am meant to be working but somewhat distracted.

Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment