Friday 14 September 2012

Saturday once more

Yesterday was an odd day here, it seemed to drag on for ever, the good thing was that I managed to get so much done and still have some time to myself.

I have finished my  weeks online work, I have caught up on all the housework, tidied the garden and admired Jason's hunky body as he worked on the new calfs.

I wandered over to the community gardens and had a chat to Michele and Karl and a few other volunteers they have roped in, they have done so well there. Sadly it seems they have now been caught up on officialdom, especially in regard to effluent and public toilets. It will be a problem that they will need to deal with, as we ceetainly dont want people dodging over the fence into our place to relieve themselves, and they certainly cant run it through pipes and into the river. Joining onto the sewerage system will be an issue and very expensive.
Bear has cancelled his trip to the States so he can get the permits sorted as well as this latest issue over sewerage. I gather the boys are having problems with the "Lodge" as we now must call it, they need special permits there as well. So Bear is not happy and it means Mal will have to deal with the US stuff.

The gardens are doing really well, I was dumbfounded by the huge mounds Bear built several onths ago, they have hundreds of potato plants all over, the idea being to sell some to recover costs, but most will be going to the foodbank in Christchurch as will other surplus vegetables.
Karl has managed to find some swings and slides for the park area, they came from Christchurch council I think, but not sure, they need repairing and painting so Jas has them in our workshop and they are being worked on as I write by Karl.

Bear has a day in Christchurch helping Sandy unpack, Linda is helping out as well, Sandy tells me that Bear and Linda are doing quite nicely thanks. Sandy is coming out here tomorrow and she is going to stay for a few days, that is if they get the unpacking done.

I gather Bear is a Bear with a sore head over having to cancel the US trip and stay to deal with local red tape, but in the end someone has to do it and it was the task he chose.

We are getting the marque out this week to erect for our wedding next Saturday, we have lots of food already in the freezers and Sandy is coming out to help out with baking.
The garden people are doing a hungi and BBQs as well we will entertainment for the littlies by way of bouncy castle, swings slides etc. For the adults we have music all day and night.

Jas is extremely nervous, in fact it surprised me just how up tight he is over it, especially since getting married was his idea, Gran has had to take him aside several times and tell him to chill out, but he will be ok I am sure. I think its less about getting married and more about his shyness that is the issue, all the people watching him makes him nervous.


No comments:

Post a Comment