Wednesday 30 May 2012

Thursday

Hi Guys

I came from work yesterday to a beautifully painted bedroom, Carla is over the moon though she can’t sleep in it just yet due to the paint smell she wants her friends to come around as soon as possible and see it.
The “grumpies” did listen to her it seems and they have painted the room a light pastel pink and it looks awesome. Today they are due to start on Talia’s room, more demolitions but now that I have seen the finished product I am not concerned.

I had an brilliant day at work yesterday, I must admit working at the Palms shopping centre  is so different that shuffling papers at University. You get to met such a variety of people which I just love.

Im off to get my hair done after work, I am really looking forward to the weekend when we are going to have a BBQ catch up with some of “Bears” friends from the United States. There are 2 of them and one of them has two sons, both of whom are way older than my two girls but for Carla at least that is no challenge. She is no doubt like her mother and attracted to older men, grrrrr I will have to watch that girl.

I have been having a really big think about the area we live in, since the major earthquakes so much has changed. Many of the neighbours have gone and so many houses have been pulled down or are vacant. It is so sad to walk down a road that not so long ago was bustling with young families and elderly people who had lived in the area for generations.

The roads are broken and have been under repair for months while others haven’t even started to be repaired.

Last week the very nice and friendly Gentleman who owns the corner store was attacked and stabbed, something that would have been almost unthinkable  2 years ago. I never go for walks at night now, whereas it was something the Girls and I loved doing.
It seems the destruction an earthquake can cause is insignificant to the destruction the long term effects can have on society.

Well I must go to work now, Pop has arrived to start demolishing Talia’s room (err that is repairing), Bear won’t be in until this afternoon, he is picking the Girls up from school and then meeting me after work, then the girls and I go and get our hair done, Bear doesn’t bother as he says he has so little hair each strand feels like family and he doesn’t want to hurt them; idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment