Saturday 2 June 2012

The Best Day Ever

Awesome Day
Well it’s no point telling Paula about my day, she was there too. After some severe arm twisting Bear said she could come along and it turned out to be the best day my family have had probably in years.
Pop came out with his lady friend, she is nice but seems a little uncomfortable amongst younger people, Pop says she finds it hard to make friends but once she is a friend she is one for life, the good thing is they are quite happy puddling along and they ended up going for a drive on their own for the best part of the afternoon. Apparently she came from the Oxford area so she would know her way around.
The girls and I (Paula included) all went out with Speedi and she made an instant hit there I think, but I have a feeling Speedi can be a ladies’ man and my friend Paula is definitely a man killer, so they are evenly matched. There was a heap of flirting going between those two all day.
Mal was already out there, he is a really nice guy, as I have already said elsewhere he is tall and very broad shouldered, he calls himself a Afro-American rather than negro, and he is decidedly cute. In fact I would say handsome, but he is very reserved.
From what I have gathered from snippets he had a thing for Bears ex but he didn’t want to push in, for the life of me I don’t know why he doesn’t do something now that they have broken up, but then it’s probably because he is so shy. I know bear tried to encourage Mal to ring her while he was down, but I doubt he will, I hope I am wrong.

 
Both Speedi and Mal are very much like my Bear, they seem to have mysterious pasts. Both Mal and Speedi were Special forces men(whatever that is), they seem to have retired not so long ago and both are now Security consultants in Wellington. All I can say if either was around me, I would feel really secure.
Bear came out after lunch he brought my car out as his was playing up and he didn’t want to risk running it too far.

 

 
The early morning started very nice, I went in and gave Bear a kiss and told him that was me returning his from last night, he actually went red in the face. “Oh my god he gets embarrassed, how cute is that”.
Anyway we had a light breakfast and Speedi arrived in Mal’s really neat double cab Ute and we went on our way, Bear had things to do for his sister so it was agreed he would follow later.

 
To give you an idea how fast Paula works (shameless hussy), by the time the girls and I were ready to get in the car, Paula was ensconced in the front seat, so (we the other people who were really in the way) sat in the back seat and listened to some really awful flirts.
Mal’s house is actually still being built and is really at the foundations stage only, its being built on a hill and will have a magnificent view, he has little caves and shelter dug into the hillside as well, not really that big just big enough to put things under shelter.
They had erected the god almighty biggest ex army tent I have seen, you could have put 50 people in there and still had room to dance.
They had chairs, tables with a ton of food and drinks oh also very big BBQ, I couldn’t figure out why there was so much “stuff”, but I need not worried because a host of other people turned up later and devoured most of it.

 
I met Jason who is really nice and Paula was then torn between Speedi and Jason, I met Jason’s brother and sister and my girls who were all ready gob smacked by Speedi’s two sons, they went into hyper drive over Kyle; Jason’s brother.
Paula was like a moth around 2-3 lamps and really just couldn’t settle on one.
I met Jason’s father Ewing, a really nice man and then a whole lot of other people who I gathered were neighbours and friends arrived, too many for me to remember names. In the end I would think there were 20-25 people there during the day.

 
They even had three ponies, so my girls learnt how to ride horses and now you can guess the problem I have, the good thing is you can’t have a horse at a residential place in the city, can you!!!!!
Bear turned up around 1pm and we kicked the BBQ lunch off and after lunch the men and 1 certain Paula and a few other ladies started hitting the drinks.
Let me say here and now Bear and I abstained from booze, and later in the afternoon Bear took me down to his new house, well really it’s a 2 bedroom cottage. It’s not finished yet but we had a really nice time there and it was really good to have some time alone, while there we worked on the kissing issue. I’m pleased to say no more red faces. I think it was as well there was umm no furniture.
We arrived back at the party the girls were well looked after by “Uncle Ewing”.
We stayed until dinner, and then I had to bring the girls home, the party was still in progress when we left; but my girls were exhausted, one very big girl was quite intoxicated and is at this stage asleep on the couch. She was quite distraught at having to leave so early, and I bet I get growled at tomorrow. My two girls are both showered and in bed, asking Bear a 100 and 1 questions, its going to be a great task to get them settled own to sleep.
Pop and his lady had a really good time as well and they followed us home and then went on to her place.

 
So all in all it was a very full day and a very enjoyable one.
I had the feeling Bear had partly arranged this day to try and match me with one of his friends, but though both would be a great match I really didn’t want to look much further than my old man. He isn’t fast, he isn’t flash but he treats me like a lady, loves the kids which is returned by them tenfold and he is solid.
Biggest issue is in Bears words he is poorer than a church mouse, but that is ok because I know things will improve for him.
Mal and Speedi are like racing cars while my bear is a classic and if I was to be with one of them I would have to go to Wellington, because I just couldn’t expect either of those two incredibly handsome men to just sit up there and wait for me, no I would have to be with them to swat the other women off.
Paula on the other hand was promising both she would be up to see them, but Paula is really all talk and flirt, if they bit she would run a mile, well half mile and then she would fall over so they could catch her.


 

So today was an education, for me and others. I think I might more than just like Bear and that has implications as it is certain he cannot look after us financially. That doesn’t concern me as much as it does him. He wants to sell his place once its finished and that will free up some money for him. At this stage its far from a mad love affair, we are still good friends probably more than that and for me that’s where the confusion begins.

The good thing is Bear is aware of how I feel and I know he is as hesitant about going anyway too fast, I have a feeling it was the money issue that broke his last relationship, and neither of us want a repeat of that. So we have time and we are good kissing friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment