Thursday 2 August 2012

Its Friday yaaaaa

Well it was an interesting day yesterday. Pop and sandy have moved in for 6 weeks and the girls didn’t know they were coming so when they came home to find granddad and Sandy already moved in it was great excitement. Poor ole Sandy got dragged everywhere around the farm and over to the gardens.
I went for a wander over there myself with them and I have to say the team are doing extremely well, I have to say I was surprised because their blog has been very quiet lately; but they all say they are just too tired to sit down and write at night, and of course Bear is in Christchurch without a PC so he won’t be blogging anytime soon.
I heard from him last night and he has his first clients but he said their initial meeting was only an hour so he had the day to himself. He brought Pop and Sandy out early in the afternoon but didn’t stay. I asked him would he be out here for the weekend and he said no, he would stay in town as he had some games arranged with his mates and I bet that includes a boozy Saturday night watching Rugby finals.
We haven’t done a lot out here, the farm is ticking along without any great input from us, I can’t do my gardens very well, and one hand gardening just isn’t fun.
Jason is doing well, the bruise on his head is slowly going down and the headaches have stopped, his head is just tender. He is busting to get out on the farm but I have to sit on him (not an entirely unpleasant experience) to make sure he doesn’t sneak out and do things on the farm.
Just had a call from Michele, panic … she thinks one of Bears’ Alpacas are about to give birth. What should she do???????
Good ole Jas has rushed off to the rescue and the girls don’t want to go to school they want to see the babies…that’s not happening.
Sandy has a full day of catching up with old friends today, so Pop is going to have an easier one, he says he may work on my gardens for me. Interesting Pop should say its easier to do gardening than spend time with Sandy’s friends. Pop and sandy seem to be hitting it off rather well, its an odd relationship more of one of need and friendship than love I suspect, but boy she sure fusses around him and he loves it. Often he would give me a smile and a wink when she was making him coffee or supper, he certainly has changed.
Well I suppose I best go do some work and wait to hear about the Alpaca babies, I have rung Bear to tell him the news and he is on his way out already; Michele had rung in a panic. He said he doesnt think it is birthing, but there could be problems so he has rung the vet as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment