Monday 9 July 2012

A day on the farm


We have had an extremely heavy frost this morning, the girls were sent around the farm to break the water on the water troughs, a job they seemed to have great fun doing might I say.
This morning we have been driving the new sheep into the yards for worming and tagging, I have a sad feeling a very sore back is on its way by the time we finish. Jas did offer to leave it until the weekend is here and Kyle could help, but no if I am to be farming women I need to get down and dirty.
I went up to the Bears farm to see him today, the poor hon is feeling his age, but my god its no wonder the work he has done over the last 2 days, he has 2 huge hills on his garden site, all man made LOL.
His blog work site Bears blog work site
It has a good running commentary onm the work progress.
We had a good chat, mainly it appears I gave him a fright when I wrote on my blog that I could be pregnant, he said he spent the day counting back on his fingers; but a I reassured him that there was no chance if I had been pregnant the child would have been his, I can say the relief on his face was most telling. That then led to a father like talk about me being so irresponsible, god I love having 2 dads.
Bear is happy, I love to see him like this and he has told me he does not want me looking for partners, blind dates or whatever other schemes I can come up with, and now I have seen what he is doing and despite the old bones he is a very happy man. I guess there are people in this world who make great husbands, wives or partners and then there are the Bears of this world, people who just don’t have the genes that work in relationships. So I have promised to leave him alone. This time with no fingers crossed, if Linda wants him, which I doubt now, she will have to do the running.
He is going to put up a wind break fence around the house to protect the young trees he intends to plant, I begged him not to put trees in the front as they will block the view, but he said a outlook of trees is preferable to the blasting the house gets in nor west winds, so I guess that’s his trade off.
Jason has taken the girls over to Darfield this morning ( a small rural town about 15-20 miles away), he is picking up “stuff” he needs on the farm. I have to say I am now becoming convinced that I need to be out here sooner rather than later, so after the holidays I am going to the school to have a chat and see if they have vacancies and just what the school is like. Jason, Kyle and Kelly all went to the school and all have had issues there, so I need to sort out if its what I want for my girls.
Well I best go, I started by catching up on my online workload and ended up here blogging, so I better get back to doing what I get paid for.

All my love to you
Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment