Tuesday 3 July 2012

A letter from the Farm

Hello from the farm
The children and I arrived really early this morning, believe or not we decided to surprise Jason so we were out of bed at 4am and sneaking up to Jasons front door on our tipy toes at 5:30; would have been a good surprise if the door wasn’t locked. Instead we virtually had to knock the door down to wake him up and let us in.
It’s really cold out here this morning, for the last week or so we seem to have had either wet or overcast days, makes us feel very miserable sometimes.
We have had a breakfast with Jason, then we went around to Bears place and it is a picture, actually he has made it beautiful. From the outside with all the old bush around the house looks like it has always been there, but once inside its lovely, I have to say I had my doubts about the pink and the light colours he chose, but they do work.
Jason and I really don’t want him to sell it now, he could be so comfortable here, it isn’t a big house just two bedrooms but it is functional. He has even picked up some bar  stools for the breakfast bar, so well done Mr Bear.
The new drapes are up and they fit perfectly, I am so pleased about that. He has my dining suite and lounge suite from my old house and they fit perfectly so they are my gift to him.
The greatest thing about the house is it has a bath, and he uses it regularly each day because of aching muscles, prior to the house he lived in an old shack with a outside loo and shower. I never saw it but I have heard tales of bear sitting on the loo with a view.
The insurance company really did him proud, but he says he had a lot of issues and arguments over it.

The first thing the girls noticed was Bear had put a basket ball hoop up on the implement shed, so they spent their time shooting goals this morning, he is so thoughtful of them.
Mr Bear will by now be back in town today; he has Pops ute and is picking up a load of gear he collected yesterday, some for the gardens and nursery and some for this house.

From Bears place we went down town to get some small goodies for the girls, then we went and looked at the nursery. Bear is doing very well there, lots of noticeable progress even though he wasn’t there at all yesterday and I suspect he won’t be back in time today.

We arrived back at Jas’s place and have a nice roaring fire going; Jas and the girls have gone to move the stock around, so it’s given me some time to put lunch on for them.

I do love it here, I was very worried that I wasn’t a country girl and that my little ladies would not take to country life, but too see them in their brand new pink (& awfully muddy) gumboots you would think they were born on the farm.
The great expectation for them is lambing time, I see that being a great joy and some sadness too, but they will adapt, like their mum; we are all adaptable.

Well I can see my small tribe are wandering back so I best get off here.
I will write more later.

Lots of love

No comments:

Post a Comment