Friday 27 July 2012

Saturday July 28th

Beautiful day here and I am heading outside to clean up the gardens, lawns etc. Jason is drenching sheep today, I offered to help but I think it’s a case of “the little lady getting in the way”. So Bear is coming to give him a hand for a while.
Well it’s a hive of activity on the gardens, it seems they have a full turn out and they are working on the old shop that Bear used as a potting shed, but is now to be a communal room for the workers, with a “NEW” second hand toilet bowl and hot running water.
Bear has been offered a job for 2 months working for a group of lawyers who have clients that need someone to “troubleshoot” their earthquake claims through the multi layers of officialdom and inefficiencies “Bears words” not mine. He is happy to get it because there is not a lot to be done on the gardens for 6 weeks now, so its good timing and the pay will no doubt go on the gardens anyway. Sadly it means we won’t hear much from him as he is going to stay with Paul and Sandy during the week and come out here on weekends. I know the girls will miss him hugely as indeed I will. However I think this break away from the gardens and his farm is just what he needs and the way he feels about CERA (Earthquake recovery) and Insurance companies I could almost feel sorry for them; almost.
Well I cannot escape my own duties, so I best move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment