Friday 6 July 2012

A Great Saturday

It has been an absolutely brilliant day here, both weather wise and socially. We have had people dropping in all day and I literally do mean dropping in. Jason had some visitors from down south call in and they came by plane early this morning. They landed on one of our paddocks, 1 was a young man called Emmeret, the other gentleman I didn’t get his name but he is yet another American, both he and Speedi did a lot of back slapping and man hugs.
The two guys, Speedi and Paula took off in the car for Mals place and they were up there for several hours.

It was really exciting having a plane drop in, Jason had just said to me that I should go and put the flag on the pole, well how do I know to put a flag up, but he insisted so I thought this was some test for the little lady. Well while I was walking over to the silly flag pole this huge shadow flew right over me and then roared off and I can tell you I was close to embarrassing myself. Jason had set me up, again and those two guys had glided in and roared the engine when they were almost on top of me, don’t you worry Jason will pay for that.
Sandra, Linda and Pop didn’t come out today, Linda ended up having to work so they will come out tomorrow.
Kyle and Kelly’s Gran came out, it’s always great to see her and she brought Christine a good friend of hers out as well. Later this afternoon Pauline called in for a while had coffee with us and then wandered over to the nursery I saw her leaving a short time later. I expect she was looking for Bear but she didn’t say, well at least not to me. She is a lovely lady but gives the impression of being a lonely woman, but if she is I gather it’s at her behest as she has a very engaging and bubbly personality.

So it has been an extremely social day, it was just as well I had done so much baking.

Gran and Christine have just left, the two guys from down south are staying over on Bears farm, Bear said he might call in later on, but they had a bit of work to do. I take that to mean they have an engagement down at the bar.
We haven’t seen much of Bear today, even with all the visitors he has kept to himself. He has been very busy on the nursery gardens today, he has been felling trees and using Jason’s front end digger to dig huge trenches. The poor old sod looked exhausted but happy when he went home.

The Girls have been great; Kyle spent a few hours in town with some friends but is home now. Carla follows poor Kyle around like a moonstruck little girl. He is very good with her and they get on fine, I know they talk via emails as she usually asks me if she can. She says it’s like getting a big brother for a xmas present, the good thing is he has been helping her with school work, so it’s a win - win situation with me.

Tomorrow the two pilot guys have promised to take us up in the plane before they head for home, so naturally the girls are really excited and I am petrified, but being the wonder mummy I have to look excited too.

Well I best get going, I have dinner to  finish cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment