Thursday 19 July 2012

Friday and its been a busy one

Well it’s been an odd day here. The weather has been fine, a lovely day. Jason has taken me around the equipment that we own and explains what does what and when. I even was allowed to ride the quad bike, believe me that was a thrill never having ridden a motor scooter before let alone a beast like that.
We drove the ewes into a sheltered paddock and moved the cows down from the top end paddocks to the river flats. You see I’m learning all these new names and places.
Also we have tidied up the shearing and implement sheds and that was a huge job. It’s amazing how much you can get done without children underfoot and company you enjoy.

Above are the sheds we have worked on today, the ground in front was covered with trailers, bits of equipment etc, now its all safetly and securely tucked away.


The girls went off to school all a buzz today I am so relieved they are settling in so well. I have heard from a girl friend whose boy goes to the same old school that my girls went to and their class rolls are being decimated by the flu, some even in hospital. Thankfully there is not the same epidemic out here, I am so grateful.
I called into see Bear this morning, he is not well and won’t be on the gardens today, he was cross with me “for blabbing all about him on my blog and has asked me to stop”, so from now on anything about Bear is in passing. He did add he wasn’t bloated, just fat from all his good cooking, yeah right that’s why he is in bed looking like death warmed up. However I am not allowed to say that so I won’t.
Tomorrow we are having friends coming out for a small engagement celebration; I have been baking and cooking in preparation for that. I have also dug the garden over and even extended it as it was not nearly big enough for the number of people I need to feed.

Well its almost time to go and get my angels, so byee and love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment