Monday 16 July 2012

Monday and its been great.

My Girls had a very nice day at their new school, it all went extremely well and I am so pleased for them. It is one of the very big hurdles I can cross of my list of worries, not that I have many anyway.
Tomorrow Jas and I go into Christchurch to supervise the loading of furniture on the truck, I went in today and packed the last of the things I could bring out in my car.
I went and saw Cynthia, it was a very emotional visit and I know I will miss her very much and I know she will miss seeing the girls, but I have promised I will bring them in regularly. Pop and Sandy came around to the house to help me pack, Pop is not looking too good and Sandy says he is not sleeping well. He has another doctor’s visit this week so I hope they can help perk him up. Pop is not a very good sick person, he can be grumpy and short tempered, but as Sandy says its water of a ducks back to her and she gives as good as she gets. It seems Pop has finally met his match, and better still he knows it.

Bear didn’t get away on his trip, the ute is in the garage having repairs done so its all on hold, possibly till next week. I feel sorry for Bear because he was excited about getting away. He came into town with me, while I was visiting Cynthia and packing he was doing business stuff I think. Later he went and got a trailer load of wood for Sandy and Pop from somewhere, all lovely off cuts. He arrived back at the gardens late this afternoon with a huge trailer load of sawdust, he is getting another one on Thursday; he certainly seems to have the contacts as its costing nothing.
We arrived back in time to pick up the girls, I went and had a chat with the teachers and they are very happy with the girls, so I was very happy about it.

I had a call from Paula tonight, Speedi is back in Christchurch living with her, he moved down on the weekend and I do think that they have one very serious relationship going there. Speedi was all a buzz over me being pregnant, he says he hopes its not catchy. Pfffft men.
He was very concerned that no one has heard from Mal since he went back to the States to attend some family issue, he has rung friends back there to see if he is ok. Those two certainly do watch out for each other. Not so long ago I was telling Bear how concerned Speedi was about Mal, Bear simply said not to be he is involved in some legal family issues. I growled at him for not telling us he had heard from him, but Bear said he hasn’t, he just knows. I rang Speedi back to allay his worries, I half expected Speedi to go off, but he simply said well that’s ok then; bah I just cant figure those guys out.
Speedi is still talking about setting up a survival type business out here using Mal’s farm, he is just waiting for Mal to get back. Apparently their contract with the Government is finished and they are looking for some work or business to get into.
Well I best go and tuck my little ladies in, so good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment