Saturday 21 July 2012

Saturday Night

I have a most wonderful day and evening. A lot of friends called in and shared the day with us and a lot of fun was had by all. Emmett was really good and took quite a few up for flights over Canterbury and Christchurch, so a very big thank you hon, your generosity certainly made the day.
Brenda my very best cousin came over from the coast and she brought her baby over, so being very clucky of late I stole her for much of the day. Naturally a lot of beer was drunk by the boys and they seemed to have a good time, they played touch rugby but I’m not sure who won and in fact I don’t think they know either.
Linda came out and Pamela came as well but of course without Bear here they were left to their own devices.
Bear came for a few minutes but for most of the day he has been busy over at the gardens with his new friends.
Jason was great and he made an absolutely beautiful speech at dinner tonight, it was lovely and he really surprised me because he would tell you himself he is not really a man of words.



I took a pic of me (holding Denise Brenda’s daughter), Cynthia, Jas’s Gran, and Helene one of Grans great granddaughters. (Apologies for the poor shot, the flash packed up then after this photo the camera died).

We started the day around 1:00pm with a BBQ and buffet lunch, originally I assumed it would just go for a few hours in the afternoon but people kept arriving many of whom I didn’t know as they were Jas’s friends; at one stage I counted 17 cars. We had an early dinner again BBQ and Buffet and it all wound up around 9:00pm.
I have a kitchen from hell at the moment, but it can wait until the morning, I just can’t be bothered and as it has gone midnight I’m taking my man to bed.
Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment