Friday 13 July 2012

Saturday and its spring cleaning tme.

It is 10am and already I am back from packing the ute up with stuff from my house in Christchurch. Apparently we farming people love getting up in the dark, gulp. I can say despite the iron resolve on my face each time I have walked passed our bed this morning I have looked longingly at the comfy warm blankets, arrrrrrghhh.
We are not going back in to the city today, we have all the things we need and the movers arrive at my place on Tuesday so I will be there to supervise them.
So today it is rearranging the house here, chucking out what doesn’t fit and working on what needs changing. The main problem we have is we are not going to have enough bedrooms so the idea we are tossing around is either adding two rooms to the house or a two bedroom granny cottage.
At the moment we are ok with 4 bedrooms, but when Kyle and Kelly come the girls have to share, and now with a baby on the way though not immediately it does mean we need to look forward to more room.
Both Paula and Jason really told me off this morning about my remarks on yesterday’s blog, he says he hopes Bear doesn’t read it, but quite frankly I hope Bear does. He knows I am only concerned for him, if he wants to make mistakes then he is welcome too, I can’t stop him and this woman who I have learnt is called Patricia really had my heckles up. I can’t explain it but she just didn’t feel right, it’s not jealousy because I would be so happy if he could find the right woman, but this lady was more interested in the material things around him rather than Bear himself.
If Bear takes exception with my remarks then I will deal with that, but I don’t think he will as he has often told me he appreciates my honesty.
Now then for the rest of the day, we are reorganising things here in the house, including a really good early spring clean and scrub. I can already see people heading for the far reaches of the farm to get away from housework, well that’s ok; then I do it my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment