Sunday 8 July 2012

Monday and we are going to a auction


It is a beautiful clear but frosty morning here, and it seems every day I live here the more I get to like it. This morning despite the cold frost I was up early and went for a walk, along the river and then through Bears nursery area. The whole walk taking about an hour was just right, on coming back home I felt ready for the day and whatever it brings.
I have no idea what Bear is up too but I have seen him taking two huge trailer loads of wood and logs into the garden area since I have been home. I am becoming a little concerned about him because between the farm and Nursery/garden he is working extremely long hours and the work is heavy work. He has a permanent limp now (what he calls a old war time injury, yeah right) and it is obviously bothering him.
I heard from Sandy this morning and she was disgusted with his behavior yesterday, she said she felt she had to apologise to Linda for Bears rudeness in not even stopping to spend time with her. However as I pointed out, she of all people should know Bear has his own way of doing things, and generally they are the most obstructive to the people who care about him.
Jason the girls and I are off to a farm auction today, first time I have been to any auctions let alone a “farm” auction. We had a bit of a revolt with the girls who wanted to stay, but we have countered that with promises of “goodies” while we are away. I think the auction is somewhere around Timaru, so we will be on the road very soon. The girls and I have made packed lunches and soup, along with bulk coffee and soft drinks, so we are ready for all eventualities.
Jason tells me Speedi, Emmett and Mal are considering setting up a “survival preparedness” type school up on Mals farm, from what Jason understands it will be field craft (herbology, Botony), first aid, preserving foods, and skills required to survive emergencies. They wanted Bear to join in but he says and I agree he has enough on his plate for now.
Well Jason has just announced he is ready to go, so I best get off here now.
Love to you all.
PS – I think I may be pregnant, lots of issues over that I suspect, and yes Pop I was being careful, apparently not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment