Sunday 22 July 2012

Monday here again

It’s a lovely day out here again, and it’s going to be a gardening day today I think.
Yesterday after the house cleanup we went into Rangiora to see Gran and do some shopping. The girls are quite at home with Gran and she makes a real fuss of them. One scrap of good news is the Kyle has been talked out of going into the armed forces by Speedi, instead he is thinking of degree in agriculture which is where both Gran and Jas were hoping he would go. Kelly wants to be New Zealand’s first girl astronaut, I think all that flying with Emmett (he is so cool, seems like Kyle is old news).
Speedi and Paula have found a house in Rangiora to rent, they are looking for a place to buy somewhere between Rangiora and Oxford, so it will be brilliant when they finally settle down. We are still concerned that there is no news of Mal.
Bear’s Gardens were a hive of activity yesterday, a young woman Michele and her daughter (approx 3) are living in a house Bus there for a few days until she finds a place to rent in the area.  I would not be surprised to hear that she has moved the Bus over to bears farm before long, or worse she moves in to his house; he is such a softy when it comes to a sad story.
The people have started laying out the beds, and I have to say its starting to look brilliant. Whilst a I was not keen on the idea of a community garden, I have to say I was wrong as they have done in one day what would have taken Bear a week.
The good news (at least from my perspective) is that the people over there are trying to talk Bear into keeping his blog going as its a good way of encouraging informing people and obviously there must be a number who read it if he has 5 members after only a week of suggesting he opens the gardens to be a community garden.
As for my own gardens very small by my neighbours examples I have a large vegetable area already dug over, I have a small herb garden which will have the culinary herbs and around the house I am going to put in a flower garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment