Monday 9 July 2012

Home on the range.


Well it has been a very long day and a very enjoyable one.
Probably best to start where I left off, I have had tests and no I’m not pregnant which is both a good thing and a bad thing I guess. The little scare prompted much discussion with Jason and he is keen for a child of his own, quite naturally, so I need to get myself into shape if it’s going to happen. My period is quite late which is very rare for me, I am one of those women you could set a clock by.
The auction went extremely well, Jason brought 300 sheep and 20 cattle, they arrived on the farm just a few hours ago. He also brought a huge swag of “farm” stuff, tools and implements. The girls were extremely well behaved and were sound asleep in the back seat by the time we got home.
I must admit I am worn out, its been one of those days rushing between stock pens, rows of “stuff” and the car. I had to sit shotgun on the stuff that Jas brought just in case someone made of with it, I did my best to look menacing but I don’t think I did a very good job, but I did meet some very nice eligible farm men though. Girls you waste your time going to the bar to meet men, try a farm auction, they are there by the herd.
After the auction we went into Timaru for dinner and had a lovely meal in a hotel there, got home around 7:30 only to have the sheep and cattle arrive around 9:00pm. Spent an hour or so unloading and checking them.
We have them in the paddocks and they are nicely settled, I really feel like putting a piece of straw in my mouth and ayyyying, ooohh and  ahhhh on the gate post, quite the barmy farmy lady today.
Well its almost midnight so I am off to bed, my man is busy in the office balancing his cheque book I guess, so I will write more tomorrow.
Love you
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment