Friday 29 June 2012

Home with the fire.

Well we are here at Jason’s farm in Oxford. I’m sitting in front of a roaring fire with laptop on my knee, children watching DVD’s and my man just going out to check things on the farm before settling down for the night. It’s freezing outside and I suspect we could be in for a heavy frost, but then I don’t know this area very well and I could be so very wrong.

Jason and the girls went into Rangiora to pick up Kyle and Kelly, I took the chance to go and look at Bears place and I have to say it is a picture. The house is a transformation and boy those builders have done him proud, and not to forget my Bear and his own contribution which included painting the interior into the evenings often as late as midnight.
He has pastel pink walls, very light pink carpet (which will show every mark) and with some of my furniture sprinkled about it looks lovely. I would love to own it.
Bear is very different here than back in town, I don’t know what it is but obviously he is comfortable with what he has here. I am trying to talk him out of selling the house, it is warm with a nice fire, it is modern and it is a beautiful place, he could be so happy here.
But he says he needs the money for the nursery and I suppose the dream becomes for material comforts, at least in Bears mind.

When I got back to Jason’s place the kids were back and Jason and I spent some time wandering around his place. It’s lovely being with him, he is funny, gentle and mischievous. I love walking the farm hand in hand it feels so right for me.
I can say quite openly I have fallen for him, but I’m not telling him that yet. There is still the age thing I feel nervous about and that’s with Paula’s jibes about him being my toy boy aside.
 It is a beautiful farm, he was very keen to show me his completed fences and though I don’t know a lot about fencing they look excellent, but it must have taken him a long time to do so much on his own.
We wandered over to Bears nursery and had a poke around and again I simply cannot believe these men get so much done so much on their own, Bear is 62 years old and what I have seen by way of transformation between the last time I was here and this time is huge.
He has 2 of his 3 tunnel houses repaired, he has started on the Olive grove, and the glass house is yet to be done, cleaned and repaired.
He has made a new driveway and I had a look at his lavender fields and there are signs he has started there, all that and painting his house at night, remarkable.

I have just seen Pops car (loaned by Bear for the night) go down to the nursery, so obviously Bear is in for another long night, I do worry he is pushing himself and his dream too much. I have my friend coming out tomorrow, I have great hopes for both of them, though neither really know of my cunning scheming match making plans.

Well I see the torch light of my man coming across the paddock, so I best go and get dinner out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment