Saturday 30 June 2012

Saturday night in the country

It has been a very interesting day out here and we have all had a ball.
Jason has worked extremely hard, both he and Kyle really do put their backs into the farm.

Occasionally the girls and I went out to help and both guys were extremely patient with us in trying to explain what we were doing wrong, which at one stage seemed to be everything.
The girls wanted to play with the two working dogs until Jason explained that they actually have to work, not learn how to play, boy was he unpopular.
We were saved by the timely arrival of my friend Carol, so I went off to do the ladies thing and entertain. I was really keen to introduce her to Bear but the cunning sod was nowhere to be seen. At first I thought he might still be in town so I rang Pop and no he was meant to come in but had rung to tell Pop he would not make it today.
Eventually we located him hiding in the nursery and I know he had to have seen us looking and calling for him. I dragged him away for a coffee with Carol and I, I have to say I was disappointed in Bear. He made no real effort to join in the conversation and really only answered when spoken directly too, even Jason noticed it and that says a lot for my man.
All Bear wanted to do was get back to the nursery and when Carol said she had to go, bear was out of the house like a marathon runner and considering she was meant to stay the night it was clear this relationship wasn’t going anywhere. So yes I have learnt my lesson and won’t meddle, much.

Carol said he was nice but obviously too busy for a woman in his life, and I have to agree at the moment he is like a man possessed. Jason went and spoke to him after Carol had left and apparently Bear ripped stripes off him about me trying to match make, so that was it no more.
I went around to Bears place after dinner tonight to invite him around for a evening with company, but no he was fine on his own as he is working on a web site for the gardens, he is going to log his progress as the nursery/gardens makes progress. We talked about Carol and yes he was angry with me but he truly is like a teddy bear and he soon calmed down, however he has made me promise not to match make, I did as he asked  but with my fingers crossed.
Jason told me tonight there was a lady he actually got on very well with, she lived just down the road from Bear and was separated or divorced; I think he said her name was Paula (no not Paula my friend), so I must find out more.

I have to say it is quite different driving at night in the country than in the city, it didn’t help that I missed the turn off to the farm on the way back, so I had to ring Jason and ask where on earth the farm was. I was about 5 miles past the turn off, I see I will need some luminous paint for the pole, not that I would expect to be out at night anyway.
The girls are watching TV tonight, Jason and Kyle are playing cards and I am meant to be working. So I suppose I best get down to it.

Stay safe and keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment