Sunday 24 June 2012

Things a little better today

Well I have had a very full morning already, wow this place can buzz sometimes.

It’s not yet 8:30 and I have had a courier arrive with some more work for me, Pop arrive to take the girls to school and Bear arrive to take the girls to school, 2 emails from Jason and 1 phone call from him and Paula.
Hmmm probably means the rest of the day will be quiet, which would be nice so I can onto my work load which looks a little daunting this morning.

As I said Pop arrived early and I was getting a little concerned because he was slipping into his daughter/Pop monologue which means I get lectured, fortunately Bear arrived and he helped settle Pop down for me.
I wish I had the maturity those two guys had, sometimes with both them hovering around I feel like the little girl. It’s not that either of them treats me like a little girl, far from it, but I get all anxious and defensive when they just seem to “understand” things.

To tell the truth I don’t know if Bear is hurting or not, he is always so in control of himself. Pop and Bear have had a big talk out on the verandah and later in the man cave (my garage) and Bear has reassured Pop that Jason is not the idiot that Pop has decided to portray him as.
He is a hard worker and that is one of the problems I saw in him earlier on, but I have also seen another side of him in that when he is not working he is a lot of fun and very conscious of his family responsibilities, probably even more than Bear would be.
Jason has brought his brother and sister up through a lot of trials and tribulations over the years, his mother was at best a drug taking biker girl and she lost custody of the children a few years ago. Jason with a watchful eye from his Gran mother and Bear took on the responsibility of looking after the kids and that has been his focus since. If he is a workaholic it is because he has taken on that daunting mantel for a young man, it is also why he found it hard to have a girl friend of the same age.
So though he is young in years he is very mature in attitude and what I like he is respectful of Bear and Pop, even though Pop has found it hard to give him a fair go.

I get on very well with Jason’s family Kelly is just like my own two girls and Kyle well he is a hair raising teenager but he does have a respectful aspect to him. He is a very intelligent young man, many years ahead of boys his own age and quite a genius in inventing things. Kyle would without a doubt be the one who gives the family its trials, his high level of intelligence often ends up being portrayed as a superior attitude over others, but Jason has learnt how to bring him back down to earth.
Both Jason and Kyle keep a very watchful eye over Kelly. She is extremely pretty young lady, she is quite shy and quite nervous. Jason says she finds it very hard to make friends but is learning to do so once more.
It is obvious she sees Bear as a father or Gran father figure and I noticed on the weekend if Kyle or anyone said anything disparaging about Bear, Kelly ran to his defence in an instant.  

So Bear and I have had a big talk about the weekend, he says he always knew there was a very big chance things would go the way they have; so he was not surprised. That’s nice for him because I certainly didn’t know it would end up as it did. Though as last week past I knew I was having doubts about how I felt between Bear and Jason.

Whether Jason and I ever have a chance at a relationship I guess only time will tell, he is certainly keen to pursue that aspect however I am not repeating the mistake I made last time, I will take it slow and steady.

Pop, Bear and I talked about Bears nursery this morning “Ewbie Garden and Nursery Centre” is going to be largely a online nursery with limited door sales.
He says Ewing had left a mess of plants both in the ground and in pots, the biggest challenge is to repair the tunnel houses and as quick as possible and get the plants that are in pots cleaned up and repaired or repotted or bagged.
Bear has just finished one smaller tunnel house and has repotted some 150 Olive cuttings which he intends to plant out into a orchard as part of the Gardens.
He and Pop are out in my garage at the moment building 3 large seed raising beds which Bear will take out to the nursery.
There is a large area of lavenders that have been let go, Bear said he often pestered Ewing to let him take over the lavender garden but Ewing kept saying no he wanted to do it. Thus in the end they became quite neglected so Bear is staring to clean that area up. He wants to extend that and start developing the lavenders.
Using Jason’s tractor and blade, Bear has cleared land for a new driveway and a parking a small area, all this in a matter of two weeks.
It appears Ewing had great ideas for his farm re the plants, but something happened and the energy for the scheme fell away, so Bear is going to pick up the ball and run with it.
I fear it will be too much work for him alone, but I know it really isn’t for me so I will keep out of it.
Though the nursery is on Jason’s land, it actually isn’t that close to Jason’s house in fact it’s about 1.5 – 2 Kilometers away at the end of his farm, which is good because it means both have distance from each other to run their own operations.  It also means Bear is not just over the fence which is good if Jason and I do decide to start a closer relationship.
All I have to do now is find some woman for Bear, definitely a woman closer to his own age, I already have two in mind I am just not certain how to swing it. If Bear thinks I am matchmaking there will be a calamitous row.

The men have come in for a coffee, I am just being told of a momentous decision, Pop and Bear will exchange cars when Bear is out at on his farm/nursery. Pop has an “ international” ute with a large flat deck which is very useful for farm work and as Pop can use my car or even Bears car it works out rather well. When Bear stays in town then he can use his or my car so its all going to end up well I think.
The other momentous news I have just learnt this morning is Pop is moving in with his lady friend.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa at last.

I just need to find my Bear a friendly bear type lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment