Saturday 2 June 2012

A productive Day

It has been a very productive day, Bear and I have made 3 new Garden boxes as well as extending the garden area in the back yard. It means I can now get the garden ready for the spring, something I have not really had a chance to do since we moved in here. We have been making do with very temporary Garden boxes and a small garden, simply because our move here was so fast and chaotic I never really had the chance to spend a lot of time in preparing a garden.
As a consequence this summer the garden did not do very well, we got some vegetables from it but they were very average in sizes and quality.

However now with new Gardens dug down and some poo and green mulch I am more positive about gardening this coming year than I have been for some time.
I have to get some more soil and pea straw for the new boxes so that will be next weekend’s task.
We went for a walk in the early afternoon down around Locksley Ave again, we dug up some more plants from abandoned houses, Bear did some during the week and now we have over 100 assorted plants we need to clean and help grow back into shape.
In the Spring I will look at ways we can distribute these plants to people who need them, I am not sure how to do that but I will work on it.

Bears friend Mal came around this afternoon for a few hours, it was really nice to sit and talk with him. He is a real gentleman and I mean that in every sense, he is polite, friendly and a very interesting man to talk to.
I tried to talk him into ringing Bears Ex as its more than clear to all but him he has quite a crush on her, rather surprising since he has not met her. I don’t fully understand the connection they have but it must be the online thing that appeals because he wouldn’t get off his backside to make the effort. It is really sad for him and probably for her.
Mal and Speedi are both returning to Wellington tonight, we wont see them for a few weeks and that is a big shame.


I have been pestered all day about having ponies in the backyard, the girls are really disappointed that they are not allowed, however I have made a compromise; they are allowed chickens. Now I realise that’s quite a comedown not only in size but type but the girls are happy and now its all about what breed so Google has been tested this afternoon and no doubt Trademe will be as well.
Bear has told the girls that he has a horse on his farm they can learn to ride when they go out there on weekends so that is a good deal for them.
Sadly Carla has a crush on Kyle one of the young men she met yesterday, it’s a shame and probably a blessing he lives so far away and in truth I doubt he was even aware she was besotted by him.

On Tuesday Bear and Pop finish Talia’s bedroom and then will start on mine. The repairs are doing so well and if you didn’t know it you would not know the rooms had been damaged.

Well Bear has gone back out to the country tonight, he has some things to do on the farm but I really hope to see him tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment