Thursday 28 June 2012

Friday Mid day.

I have just had Mr Bear drop in for a late morning coffee, he is on his way home after having gone to the hospital for a check up. The really exciting news is he is cancer free, this is awesome news and means he can get on with his life with out that worry hanging over his head.

This afternoon he is ripping up the ground with a tractor getting it  ready for the olive trees, he says the first will go in around very late winter or early spring, he intends to do 200 eventually, he has 150 growing in pots now.

This weekend he intends to clean up the lavender area, he has a very large area of Grosso Lavenders, several hundred I think, well there are just rows and rows of them. Sadly the previous owner Ewing, had let them go and the ground is weedy and the plants were not harvested last year, so Mr Bear says he will likely only get 1 good cutting this season once he has trimmed them back.

So he has been and gone, I am really excited for him that the Cancer that has been looming over him from time to time seems to be finally over. The really interesting thing is the doctors have appointed a dietition to work out his diets as he has put on a lot of weight, well good luck with him lady.
Funny thing is he doesnt seem to eat a lot, but the weight certainly is an issue. I think its more emotional and psychological that for the last year he has just drifted, I am willing to bet now he has a nursery and it requires lots of hard physical work he will be losing weight very quickly.

The other good thing for Bear today is he has the carpet layers putting down nice light pink carpet down in his new house, pink in a farm house... men arrrggghhhh.

I read this morning that the rents in Christchurch are being doubled, there are house now being rented for $1,100 a week up from $450 -$500 a week prior to the earthquakes. The rent increase is caused both by the shortage of good dry and warm housing and the fact that corporations are taking up the better ones for their staff as more and more construction is being done in Christchurch.
This means the local people on low wages or no jobs cannot afford the rental accomadations currently available. Even the property managers are saying the landlords are price gouging.
No housing crisis in Christchurch, get off yer fat arse Brownlee and get amongst the people.

Pops lady friend who knows a lady who is in a similar situation to my friend Cynthia says her situation has improved a little because she has people staying on her property in house trucks, so they are helping her by keeping the marauders and vandals away.
I talked to Cynthia about moving in with her but she wont move, so this is becoming a big issue. I have asked her to come and stay at my place over the weekend while I am away, that way she could wash, bath and be warm and safe; she says she will decide later today.

I have both girls home today, both are just over or just getting over the stomach bug, we are now loading the car getting ready to go and stay on Jasons farm for the weekend.
I will be taking my lap top so I can do my work and keep in touch with you guys, so for now the lil Princesses and I are off.

Bye and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment