Saturday 16 June 2012

Saturday Evening after a Lovely Day

I have had the most mixed but awesome day. As I wrote earlier today Pops lady friend had a very bad night last night, well today she was admitted to hospital and is not doing too well. Last we heard which was early this evening she was resting, but her diabetes was erratic and she was having heart issues as well.
This afternoon Bear and I went Mall browsing, we had a ball and Bear got growled at by Mall security for riding a Childs horse merry go around, sometimes I wonder about that man. We had a lot of fun and the girls had a ball.
The odd thing was the looks we get from people, obviously an older man holding hands with a younger woman is quite an oddity, and the girls noticed when Bear and I took a moment to kiss in a quiet corner the horrified looks we were getting, very odd.

Carla’s leg is healing very well and we noticed she wasn’t hobbling the slightest that is awesome news.
I spent more money than I should have but it was worth it, I brought the girls some lovely clothes and they will look a treat tomorrow.
We met my ex sister in law who told me my ex (her brother) was coming back to Christchurch to live, he had a job in the rebuild industry, that was news that would have upset me on any other day; but I was determined I was not going to let it today.
We went for a walk in the city today, I haven’t been there for such a long time, it is so sad to still see the broken buildings and the empty spaces where familiar buildings used to be. I really hope the city planners do the rebuild right, because there is no going back and they have the potential to rebuild something startling or something that just makes Christchurch look ordinary just like any other city.

The girls and Pop are up at the hospital tonight visiting his lady friend, then the girls are staying with Pop tonight as I have plans for my Mr Bear. He doesn’t know it yet but I have been planning this evening for some time. He thinks he has a night in front of the TV watching rugby, but not if I have my say.
Well I have to go, I have to go set the mood for tonight and that means some creative planning.

Take care and for goodness sake be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment