Wednesday 6 June 2012

Day Off

Well I am having another day off from work and the girls are having another day off from school owing to the severe ice on the roads and pathways.
Pop had a nasty accident when he arrived here this morning, he slipped on the ice on the driveway and has sprained an ankle and will likely get a nasty bruise on the head, so he is staying here today so I can keep an eye on him.
Bear is going to take Pop's lady friend shopping later this morning and then he is going to see his friend Ewing, we tried to ring to see how he is but the phone was out.

It is beautiful outside with perfectly clear skies and bright sunshine on the snow and ice. Already we have heard of several minor accidents in the area so I hope my Bear takes care out there.

Naturally the girls are not exactly devastated at having a day off school, so for us its a day in and around the home.
I am going to try and paint the trees in my yard this morning, they look beautiful with the snow on and around them, but of course if I had a camera I could photograph it and it wouldn't be a race against time.

Well I must go and put some porridge on for breakfast, so you all take care and if you live in Canterbury New Zealand or anywhere else for that matter for goodness sake be-careful on the roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment