Monday 4 June 2012

Musings


I came home to a completely new bedroom, the boys (Bear and Pop) have excelled themselves and made a beautiful job of it, all required now is some interior painting. Already we have noticed the difference in warmth.
I am so proud of them and very grateful for the work they have done for the girls and I over the last few weeks.

Bear has even managed to get time to work on his car, though he doesn’t really need it, because I am not letting him go anywhere LOL.
Pop also brought around a whole stack of timber and wire netting for the new chook house, the girls are so excited not only at having chooks but we got Bears dog Toffy to stay with us as well. He is so like Bear, he is an an idiot, I mean that in a nice way actually. Toffy has had a bit of a rough time over the last 12 months (again like his friend Bear), so we are hoping he will have some fun with the girls and learn to relax. The girls spent their after school time chasing and playing with him, I swear that dog should have legs on his back he spends so much time on his back getting his belly stroked.

It was really nice to have Bear in his own room. You know what I have discovered, he likes doing dishes, now just how lucky can a girl get. We are working out a good deal for when he stays over, he does housework and odd jobs round the house and I feed him. Now that is really a great deal because he really doesn’t eat a lot anyway and already he has done so much that the whole darn property looks brilliant, so he certainly earns his meals LOL.
I am pestering him today to get to the doctor, because he has been complaining about stomach pains but he such an obstinate old coot he will do what he wants anyway. He had a cancer in his prostrate a few years ago and had the prostrate removed, the operation didnt go very well and he ended up with issues in particular bladder and erectile issues, however if things “develop” between us I think we can solve that problem, last weekend has proven that whatever problems he had may have improved over time since the Op.

Bear is outside in the semi dark measuring up and placing pegs for the chook house. We are thinking of 4-6 chooks but still haven’t set on breed. The girls wanted chickens but that’s not happening, at least not this year. Really I don’t think its too much of an issue because all they want is a pet, we started the weekend wanting a Pony, and we have settled to chooks and as a bonus they have Toffy and Bear to stroke bellies with; oh wait one of them gets his belly stroked by me not the girls and it’s not the doggie.

Mal rang today, he and Speedi got home ok so that was great. I am absolutely blown away by all the new people I have met this week; it’s really exciting and I hope we can keep in touch with all of them.

Well dinner is ready so I best get bear in as its quite cold outside and he will stay out there till dark, wait it is dark. Blast that man grrrrr.

Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment